A key element to student success is a prepared student. Supply lists have been posted for families but shopping can add up quickly. Thanks to our PTA, Coe may be able to help you with supplies. Please contact our counselor, Meghan Kaloper at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Supervision begins on the playground at 7:40am each morning. After school, children may not be on the playground without a parent or guardian supervising them. For the safety of all, dogs may not be brought into the building nor can dog be on the school grounds. (There are also multiple posted signs around the playground stating that no dog, cats or potbelly pigs are allowed on the playground area.) Tying dogs up in areas near the building’s doorways is not allowed. Not all children are comfortable around dogs, even those with gentle temperaments and good manners. Please do the safe thing; please do not bring dogs onto the school grounds.
Support the library’s only fundraiser and help your classroom by donating new books from your teacher’s wish list! Want to volunteer? Please sign up at https://www.signupgenius.com/go/4090549aea72ba13-coebook
Book Fair Hours are:
Monday, October 1, 2:00-3:30 p.m.
Tuesday, October 2, 7:30-8:30 a.m. and 2:00-3:30 p.m.
Wednesday, October 3, 7:30-8:30 a.m.,12:30-2:30 p.m., and 6:00-8:00 p.m.
Thursday, October 4, 7:30-8:30 a.m. and 2:00-3:30 p.m.
September 5, 2018
Dear Coe Families,
As your PTA Co-Presidents, we would like to welcome you to the new school year and ask that you join us in continuing Coe’s long-standing tradition of parent involvement and PTA leadership.
How can you help?
- Join Up: You will find the PTA Membership Form in the packet your student brings home from school the first week. Membership does not renew automatically so whether you were previously a member or are new to our community, please complete the form and return it to the folder in the office with your registration fee.
- Volunteer: Coe runs on volunteers and there are many ways to get involved. Email email@example.com to get started. You might also stop by the Back to School Bash (more info below) to find out about available opportunities.
We get the school we volunteer to build, so please, lend a hand!
As always, we have some exciting events coming up, so mark your calendars!
- Back-To-School Bash, September 13th from 5-7 PM. Held on the Coe playground, the Back to School Bash is an opportunity to connect with friends and make new ones, learn about our fundraising activities, sign up to be a volunteer, and obtain information about some of our afterschool clubs.
- Fall Fund Drive, October 1st to 31st. Our first big fundraiser of the year! PTA fundraising supports reading specialists, advanced learning specialists, the librarian, visual arts/performing arts, and schoolwide assemblies. Look for more information in bulletins and around the school and please give what and how you can.
- Book Fair, October 2-4 in the Kearns Library. Who doesn’t love a new book? Part of the proceeds go toward the purchase of new books for our library.
- Monster Mash, October 27th from 6-8 PM. Time-honored and much beloved Monster, this is one super fun event that the entire family will enjoy!
Have a question? Contact us anytime at president.coePTA@gmail.com or just introduce yourself when you see us around. We look forward to seeing you in the coming months!
Jeremiah Telzrow & Portia Langworthy
Co-Presidents, Coe Elementary PTA
Are you interested in supporting safety and emergency readiness at Coe? We need your help. Over the summer, we will be updating, restocking, and adding emergency backpacks to each classroom. These backpacks are an important part of our emergency preparations. Please check out the Emergency Backpack Wishlist on the school website at https://coees.seattleschools.org.
Articles found in or near the school are put in the Lost and Found located in the south stairwell, off the atrium on the first floor. Small and/or valuable items are stored in the front office, as well as any found money. It is important that parents label student items so we can return them. The lost and found is cleaned out regularly and sent to charity.